Self Confidence: Build Yours Today
Having a lack of self confidence can affect nearly all areas of your life. If can affect your career, your relationships and your finances. Lack of confidence can affect you in the areas of trust, love, and respect. To help boost your confidence , I’ve put together a list of tips to help you regain your belief in yourself and begin to trust your abilities.
1. Surround yourself with positivity… Positive, enthusiastic and passionate people are contagious. Surround yourself with them and allow their confidence to brush off on you. By being around positive people we learn how they confidently deal with issues that could throw you off course.
2. Create a new image… This is a fantastic tip that will leave you feeling great. Go out and get a whole new image that oozes with confidence, new clothes, new hairstyle or better posture. When you have this new image – act the part with confidence. Be fearce and allow the new you to be born.
3. Watch what you say to yourself… We all talk to ourselves as we think things. We say things like, ‘Oh I can’t afford that!’ This type of inner talk can be quite negative as it closes our mind to finding a solution. Instead - saying something like, ‘How could I afford that’, allows you to use your mind for problem solving and ultimately finding a solution to get what you desire.
4. Make a change… change career, house or make new friends. If you find that an element of your life is causing you lack of confidence – change it! Remember though that you set the limit on what is possible, so open your mind and consciously decide what you can and will do rather that just relying on your emotions to make these decisions for you.
5. Fake it! Though it sounds ridiculous, faking confidence when you have none will actually give you some! Self-confidence is a perception held by you and others. If you act confident whether you feel it or not, others will perceive you as confident and be more willing to follow your lead, take you seriously and listen to what you have to say. It’s the great paradox like “which comes first, the chicken or the egg” situation. Acting like you have confidence or having confidence. Have a little faith in yourself and soon you won’t have to fake it anymore.
6. Take risks. The most direct route to self-confidence is to take calculated risks and examine your results. Will you make mistakes? Absolutely, but those mistakes contribute as much to growing your self-confidence as your victories. No one gets it right every single time. Start with small steps outside of your comfort zone and build your confidence step by step.
7. Stop doubting yourself by default. Many of us have that little voice of doubt inside our heads. The trick is to learn when to pay attention to it and when to ignore it. I am a firm believer in “following your gut” and I’ve had to learn the difference between intuition and self-doubt. For me, what works best is to listen to what that doubting voice is actually saying. If its message is mainly lack of belief in your ability or your deservedness, then ignore it and forge ahead. As you gain self-confidence, you’ll hear from that little voice of doubt less and less often.
The dictionary defines self-confidence as confidence in oneself and in one's powers and abilities without any suggestion of conceit or arrogance. This is exactly what you gain out this small collection of tips. Put them into action and begin to stronger in your self belief.
Alright success builder – have a great day and remember that I believe that you are capable of great things. Lets build success together.