Need More Joy in Your Life? Try NLP.
Hello Awesome one.
Coach Dee Woolridge here with a quick technique to help you along your journey of living your best life....why?,.. Because I love you and it’s my purpose and my pleasure to bring you good news. Now when you read something that is helpful, hit that like button and don't forget to subscribe to my blog. I'm making videos and blogs a few times a month on life style and personal development, resilience and being happy. Today I'm talking about Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP)
What is NLP?
NLP it is an approach to communication, personal development, and psychotherapy created by Richard Bandler and John Grinder in California in the 1970s. NLP's developers say that there is a connection between neurological processes, language and behavioral patterns learned through our experiences, and that these can be changed to achieve specific goals in life. Basically, NLP is like learning the language of your own mind.
Today we are going to learn an NLP anchoring technique. Anchoring is useful for inducing a certain frame of mind or emotion, such as happiness or relaxation or courage and excitement. It usually involves a touch or gesture that serves as an "anchor: along with a word or phrase that serves as the "trigger".
Anchors and triggers are a sort of bookmark in your mind for the desired emotion you want to recall. When I'm working with coaching or hypnotherapy clients, this is a technique I use quite often to help them remember the wonder positive state that they are in and how to get back there any time they wish.
Here is basic NLP – anchoring technique that is easy to learn and can be adapted to all kinds of circumstances.
Basic NLP Anchoring
1. Select a feeling that you would like to have in a situation. For example, you might want to feel motivated and energized when you sit down at your desk to work on your business.
2. Take a few moments to remember a time when you HAD that desired feeling. Be sure to choose a strong memory. For example, you may remember feeling motivated and energized on your first day at your new job. You were enthusiastic and eager to show your skills and talent. If you don't have a special moment from your past that you can recall, then try to imagine what it WOULD be like to feel the way you want to feel. Pretend it is so.
3. Take that memory or imaginary and close your eyes and remember that feeling in vivid detail. Put yourself back there and re-live it in all its intensity. To enhance the experience, you can include the following intensifiers:
• make the image sharper
• make the colors brighter
• bring the image closer
• shift the images position on your mental screen
• make the sounds clearer
Now it's time to choose a word that ENHANCES the feeling - your trigger word. For example, "Yes!", " Brilliant!", or “Peace”. Next, when your desired feeling is at its most intense, create a PHYSICAL association to this feeling by making a unique gesture. In other words, do something with your body like squeeze your thumb, make a fist, pull your earlobe.
4. As the feeling fades, release your 'anchor' and relax.......you got it? Give it a try. Watch the video below to do it together with me. Practice over and over and you will have it down.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this NLP technique. Drop me a note below in the comment section and tell me about your experience. NLP techniques are valuable and are easy to learn. I've put together this NLP anchoring technique with a few others on a tips sheet that you can download for free. https://www.coachdeewoolridge.com/tip-sheet-nlp
Don't forget to subscribe for more coaching tips, life style enhancers, and positive vibes. Remember, I know that you are capable of great things, Let build success together.