Your Early Warning System - 7 Ways to Tap Into Your Intuition
Did you know that God has given us our own early warning system? That’s right. God has given us the ability to know when to wait, watch, act, or flee. Some of us call them red flags or gut feelings. It’s that voice in your head that whispers to you gently or naggingly when you are about to make a decision. Our early warning system or “intuition” is our beacon of light when uncertainty looms. It’s our savior when we listen AND follow its advice.
I’ve written about “checking in” to your inner guidance before and why it’s important. I’m writing today to tell you my latest story on this subject.
A few months ago, I was asked by a friend to join her in a business partnership. I had great respect for this person and found our work together in the past to be pleasurable. When asked about the business venture, I did my “check in” ritual and got a luke-warm “OK.” I didn’t feel as excited about the venture as I should have. I went forward anyway because I had experience in the field and thought it would be fun to support my friend who had none.
That feeling of being a support figure didn’t go away. Although this was a joint venture, I never felt like an equal partner. After the first week, the quite inner voice started saying, “leave this situation. It’s not for you.” I continued though, out of obligation to my friend who felt that we had good chemistry. Most everything I did was for her benefit and in the mean time, I was growing distant and irritable. The voice of intuition was now shouting at me, “Get out now before it destroys your friendship.” By the time I decided to leave the venture, it was too late. My relationship with my friend was damaged and there was nothing I could do about it. Lesson learned.
As I write this article, I have to decided on whether or not to participate in another business opportunity. I thought I would share my check-in process with you. Maybe it can help you save a friendship.
1. Define the situation or opportunity. Write it down so you have all the information in front of you. Fill in the details, the pros and cons, and the perceived outcome if you take the opportunity or pass it by.
2. How do you feel when you talk about taking this opportunity? Sit quietly with your eyes closed and picture yourself doing it. Notice how your body feels. Do you feel anxious or joyful? Does it make you smile with certainty or cringe with doubt. Super doubt and anxiousness is your inner guidance saying to proceed with caution.
3. Pay attention to your body. What is your gut telling you? Your gut – the solar plexus chakra deals with power and will. If it is “alerted,” with an anxious flutter, that may be your early warning signal kicking in.
4. Ask yourself, “What is my motivation?” Are you making a decision based on outside influences or inner guidance? When something is right for you, you just know it from the inside out. Not the outside in.
5. Use divination tools such as oracle cards, or a pendulum. Simply ask if this venture is in your highest or best interest. If your answer isn’t clear, then ask that you be shown or told in a way that is understandable to you. Look for the signs and signals. Often times an unclear answer means that we should wait and take no action. When this happens, your answer is later revealed.
6. Call in the Angels for help and guidance. Ask the Angels for guidance and direction for your highest and best. Ask that they give you an answer clearly and concisely. Stop, quite yourself, then ask. Listen for the answer. The first voice you hear will be theirs. You can simply talk to them. You just need to trust. You can also contact your angels through mediation, dreams, or automatic writing. Angles will often give you signs in your everyday life so be on the lookout for numbers, words, writings, songs, coincidences and the like. It will make sense to you when you are aware.
7. Pray about it. Ask God to work it out for your highest and best. Then let it be. God will send a team of Angels and spirit guides to work things out so that they fall in place as they should.
By the way, my decision for that opportunity I mentioned earlier is to pass.
Love and Light,
Dee Woolridge, CIHt, CLC, RMT
For more information contact Dee at email@example.com or www.hchypnosis.com